Aircraft Interior Placard Specialist
Location: Battle Creek, MI, USA
Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
The Cabinet Placard Specialist, under immediate supervision, learns and becomes competent in the creation and printing of aircraft placards, using shop equipment and tools in a safe and organized work area, according to customer design specifications and Duncan Aviation approved procedures. If you are interested in an opportunity to join our Cabinet Department, review the Job Description below and APPLY TODAY.
Essential Job Functions
1. With immediate supervision, laminates, re-laminates, repairs and modifies existing aircraft cabinets to customer satisfaction and Duncan Aviation approved procedures using appropriate equipment.
2. With immediate supervision, reads blue prints and builds new cabinet parts per blueprints. Orders necessary parts, as required.
3. With immediate supervision, performs specialty work using Plexiglas, mirrors and sheet metal products.
4. With immediate supervision prepares, and signs off and/or understands various documents for record keeping purposes as required by Duncan Aviation approved procedures, manufacturers' maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, flammability testing, W.O. Sheets, personal training log and other work order related documents supporting the review of squawks and expected hours).
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts 50 lbs., occasionally 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates working in confined spaces; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- Six months related cabinet making or woodworking experience preferred
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
- Participate in Duncan Aviation’s Tool Account Program, to acquire & grow your Tool Inventory all while making interest free payments
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Works Multiple Shifts: 0
Work Week Start: Monday
Work Week End: Friday
Work Start Time: 6:00 AM
Work End Time: 2:30 PM