Airframe Lead Technician - Falcon
Location: Provo, UT, USA
Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
The Airframe Lead Technician demonstrates a high level of technical aptitude and aircraft system knowledge in the performance of safe, quality and efficient aircraft maintenance. The Lead manages and accepts ownership of all aspects of assigned aircraft project, including coordinating necessary resources, documentation and communication with team members and customers to ensure timeliness and quality of the projects. In addition, this position acts as a positive role model by promoting respect and trust; interacts positively with customers and team members to foster a company-wide environment of teamwork; participates in personal and leadership development opportunities and demonstrates leadership and professionalism at all times; and may perform as Quality Inspector (QI).
Inspects, services, repairs and troubleshoots aircraft, components and systems in a safe and organized work area to meet manufacturer's specifications and completes all required paperwork.
Essential Job Functions
1. Manages all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality and efficiency throughout the projects. Accepts full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of the aircraft through planning, prioritizing and communicating with customers, team members, OEM's, outside contractors and vendors as necessary. Ensures the safety and security of customer's equipment, parts and aircraft during all maintenance phases.
2. Inspects, services, repairs and troubleshoots aircraft systems using a high level of technical aptitude and aircraft system knowledge. Performs all work in accordance with Duncan Aviation approved procedures, appropriate maintenance manuals and technical data. Performs Qualified Inspector (QI) duties as needed.
3. Oversees, completes and maintains accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation including reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasted and billed labor hours. Reviews work orders, invoices, etc. to ensure timely and accurate inventory allocation, appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor and outside services are applied prior to billing. Participates in reviewing of the final invoice with appropriate management and sales team for profitability, accuracy, accountability and documentation. Assists professionally and courteously in addressing customer billing disputes and work order reviews for maintenance actions performed by team members.
4. Supervises day-to-day activities of team members as assigned by the team leader. Holds team members accountable to Duncan Aviation approved policies and procedures, including professionalism, safety and cleanliness of the work environment. Ensures the team's consistent use of appropriate technical data.
5. Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensures accurate work and supports the team's goals.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe Certificate required; Powerplant Certificate preferred; valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified; QI designation; Man Lift qualified; meets requirements for Aircraft Run and Taxi Qualifications; tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional overnight and short notice travel required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Five years related aircraft maintenance experience required
- Previous experience leading projects at Duncan Aviation is required
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
- Participate in Duncan Aviation’s Tool Account Program, to acquire & grow your Tool Inventory all while making interest free payments
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Works Multiple Shifts: 1
Work Week Start:
Work Week End:
Work Start Time:
Work End Time: