Location: Battle Creek, MI, USA
Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
The Airframe Technician, with limited supervision, assists with testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of a airframe systems and components on a variety of airframes in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer's specifications, Duncan Aviation approved procedures and customer specifications. In addition, this position prepares and completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
1. With limited supervision, assists in high quality inspections, servicing, and maintenance of airframe systems and components on a variety of airframes, using proper hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework. Accurately order general aircraft parts as needed.
2. With limited supervision, performs minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of aircraft systems and components.
3. Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policy and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, personal training log, etc.). Demonstrates proficiency of Duncan Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (AD) Compliance statements, final inspection and closing of squawks and work orders.
4. Consistently locates and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe or Repairman's Certificate required; Powerplant Certificate preferred; valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified; Man Lift qualified; tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional overnight and short notice travel required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
Education and Experience
Airframe Technician I:
High School graduate or equivalent required
- Two years aircraft maintenance experience or FAA Airframe Maintenance Certificate required
- FAA Powerplant Certificate preferred
Airframe Technician II:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Two years aircraft maintenance related experience required
Airframe Technician III:
High School graduate or equivalent required
- Five years aircraft maintenance experience required
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
- Participate in Duncan Aviation’s Tool Account Program, to acquire & grow your Tool Inventory all while making interest free payments
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Works Multiple Shifts: 1
Work Week Start:
Work Week End:
Work Start Time:
Work End Time: