Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
The Accessories Internship is an opportunity for a current full or part time student at an in-state college or university with an interest in accessory component repairs. Interns can apply their educational experience while gaining practical and valuable hands-on experience in an active accessory shop. With supervision the Accessory intern paints, tests, adjusts, troubleshoots, repairs and/or overhauls aircraft accessory components in a clean and safe work environment according to technical publications.
Essential Job Duties
- With supervision, will be given the opportunity to gain practical experience in painting, repairing, testing and troubleshooting accessory components using hand tools, power tools, ground support equipment, test equipment and technical documents.
- With supervision, mixes paint, prepares, masks, and paints parts and components.
- With supervision will research, prepare, complete various documents, including updating work order status, for record keeping purposes as required by Duncan approved procedures, manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Maintains and cleans test equipment and work area as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Respirator fit eligible
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance as agreed upon with supervisor required
- Physical: Repetitive motion, routinely lifts 50 lbs., occasionally lifts 100 lbs., reads small print, hearing sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies, works with moving parts and vibration, tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance, tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in noisy environments
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary education program in related field
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Works Multiple Shifts: 0
Multiple Shifts Work Time:
Multiple Shifts Work Week:
Work Week Start: Monday
Work Week End: Friday
Work Start Time: 7:00 AM
Work End Time: 12:00 PM
Job Type: Part Time Temporary